Position Title: Program Director, Conservative Climate Leadership Program
Location: Washington, DC
ClearPath’s mission is to develop and advance conservative policies to address climate change by accelerating clean energy innovation. To advance that mission, we develop cutting-edge policy and messaging, educate policymakers, and collaborate with academics and industry. Started in 2014 by entrepreneur Jay Faison, ClearPath engages in the direct education of policy makers within the White House, Congress, Executive Agencies, and regulators like the NRC and FERC.
ClearPath team members believe in small government, free markets, and American entrepreneurship. Those principles form the basis for how the team analyzes proposed clean energy and climate policy.
ClearPath is committed to fostering the next generation of talent to work in essential mission-aligned roles to further advance clean energy innovation and climate policy. To do that, this role will build and manage a new program within ClearPath — The Conservative Climate Leadership Program — that will identify, develop, and place talent into the growing number of open conservative positions on Capitol Hill and beyond. The Program Director will report to ClearPath’s Chief Operating Officer, Andrea Steiner, and work collaboratively with our entire team to develop and execute this program.
- Exercise superb critical thinking, including ability to understand big-picture concepts and granular complexities to build a comprehensive program from scratch.
- By landscaping the clean energy, climate, and innovation fields and leveraging existing partnerships, develop a comprehensive vision, strategy, organizational requirements, and budget for this program.
- Exercise ownership over several organization-wide goals, and develop strategies to independently achieve these goals.
- Support CEO and Sr. Director of Development in their efforts to align philanthropy to this effort. Manage a philanthropic strategy and program budget, including overseeing direct project budget lines.
- Attract and cultivate collaborative relationships with key stakeholders by representing ClearPath in a credible manner and with ease.
- Work with the ClearPath External Affairs team to identify the role of brand, communications and marketing to support and grow the program.
- Work collaboratively with ClearPath teams to ensure that the program’s strategic priorities align with what is needed by our target audience. Build, manage and optimize Hill and industry relationships to maximize the reach and impact of the program.
- Identify and recommend within ClearPath leadership outside stakeholders, grantees, contracts, and coalitions that can partner to advance the mission in owned work streams.
- Work collaboratively with the COO to identify, develop and execute learning and development opportunities to include in the program.
- Provide Congressional Fellowships for talented early-career professionals looking to enter public service or passionate about energy policy.
- Establish a strong talent pipeline from industry, academia, think tanks, professional services firms, and government to recruit and place high-quality staff into open full-time roles on Capitol Hill.
- Partner with other high quality Fellowship and leadership programs to coordinate strong candidates into great roles.
- Chart long-term development trajectories for high performers and develop them with both group (e.g., ClearPath Clean Energy Academies and program specific retreats, retreats at partners such as universities or national labs, etc) and individualized opportunities (e.g., learning & development opportunities, mentorship programs, certifications, etc).
- Develop and implement effective recruiting strategies such as partnering with hiring managers to write compelling job descriptions, source and screen candidates, conduct/coordinate interviews, make recommendations to hiring managers and work with partners to extend offers, driving negotiations as needed.
- Recruit and place interns and full year placements in Congress for professionals at the beginning of their careers / still in degree programs.
- Oversee the employment process for new hires in the program to include, hiring, background checks, offer letters and onboarding.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with program development, recruitment, human resources, nonprofit operations, and/or corporate strategy.
- Professional experience in climate policy, clean energy policy, recruiting firms, professional service firms or management consulting firms a plus.
- Solid understanding of Congress including prior relationships preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills. A professional and personal commitment to ClearPath’s mission and values
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Strategic Thinking – exhibit this competency develop and help drive a shared understanding of a long-term vision
- Leadership Communication – shared commitment to the organization, build morale, and encourage ownership of mission, goals, and values
- Managing Innovation – create opportunities by fostering an environment open to new or radical alternatives to traditional methods, approaches, and products
- Business Acumen – make sound business decisions based on a strong understanding of the company’s business model, strategic goals, and relevant policies.
- Fact–Based Management – synthesize information from diverse sources, come to conclusions, and make decisions that are rational and based on sound evidence.
- Driving Results – motivate individuals to achieve and exceed goals
- Planning and Priority Setting – identify the priorities, processes, and practical actions that are necessary to achieve an objective or realize an idea.
- Process Management – take a systematic approach to making the company’s workflow more effective, efficient, and capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment.
- Team Building – enable and encourage group members to work together to complete tasks and accomplish goals that individual members could not accomplish alone.
- Teamwork: We empower each other to accomplish our shared mission.
- Purpose: We believe the principles of limited government, free markets, and fiscal responsibility are essential to achieving our mission.
- Ownership: We empower teammates to visibly own and achieve goals.
- Adaptability: We are open to new, complex ideas and test our assumptions to lead change and advance our mission.
- Curiosity: We have a proactive desire to learn, grow and improve ourselves, our ideas, and our mission in a thoughtful and focused way.
- Credibility: We agree that being trustworthy and believable is everything for building and maintaining influence.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus, historically awarded
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Retirement Benefit offering an employer matching contribution of employee contributions $1 for $1 on the first 5% of pay contributed
- No set vacation policy – take what you need whenever workflow allows Hybrid and flexible work schedules
- Fully stocked office kitchen in a newly renovated building on Capitol Hill
Please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
At ClearPath, we value a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe our team is the key to making an impact and fulfilling our mission. ClearPath is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.