Position Title: Operations Manager
Location: Washington, DC
ClearPath’s mission is to develop and advance conservative policies to address climate change by accelerating clean energy innovation. To advance that mission, we develop cutting-edge policy and messaging, educate policymakers, and collaborate with academics and industry. Started in 2014 by entrepreneur Jay Faison, ClearPath engages in the direct education of policy makers within the White House, Congress, Executive Agencies, and regulators like the NRC and FERC.
ClearPath team members believe in small government, free markets, and American entrepreneurship. Those principles form the basis for how the team analyzes proposed clean energy and climate policy.
As the Operations Manager you will bring your operational experiences and expertise to ClearPath to create an environment that is both welcoming and highly functional. In this role you will work to continuously optimize the backbone systems and processes that run our organization and help our team. You will be a problem solver with an optimistic mindset. You will often play a behind-the-scenes role creating sound operations which are the key to the longevity of our organization and advancing our mission. When the operations are running at full strength we are a covert partner in advancing our mission. The Operations Manager will report to ClearPath’s Chief Operating Officer, Andrea Steiner, and work collaboratively with our entire team.
- Independently interface and manage relationships with outside vendors, property manager, and broader team to ensure that the office is functioning as designed, helping us maximize the functionality of our space and systems to achieve our goals.
- Build the internal systems and external partnerships to manage our existing spaces and future spaces. Maintain high quality standards, sound timelines for vendors and budget for day-to day-office operations.
- Manage existing outside IT and AV firms to manage the company’s hardware, software, and IT security needs. Ability to troubleshoot existing equipment.
- Manage building, equipment and vendor relationships that support office operation
- Be point-of-contact for vendors related to office and manage maintenance including: high priority fixes, known ongoing needed fixes, improvement needs, one-time purchases needed and space redesigns.
- Manage cleaning vendor relationships
- Manage Front Office Coordinator and their work streams to ensure the office is a welcoming environment for all guests and staff.
Employee Experience and Culture:
- Lead the organization in cultivating and maintaining a good culture and instilling ClearPath core values.
- Lead ClearPath’s culture committee to build a positive team culture. Tasks may include ordering ClearPath swag, planning quarterly team events alongside the committee, and managing the culture committee’s budget.
- Partner with the COO to oversee the project management and design of employee retreats and learning and development opportunities.
- Partner with HR and hiring managers to oversee the project management of new hire onboarding including:
- Facilities related onboarding tasks such as updating floor plans and desk set up
- IT related onboarding tasks such as access to systems, ordering and setting up computer equipment and emails
- Delivering onboarding systems training, ordering new hire business cards, organizing welcome lunch, etc.
- Partner with HR to provide general HR support to the team, including: Assisting with updates to the employee handbook
- Helping write job descriptions and post to relevant recruiting sites
- Assist with annual benefits enrollment, answering staff questions about benefits or policies, and maintaining organizational records.
- Openness to take on new projects as it relates to the office or general operations of the organization.
- Maintain a pulse on organizational needs for process or office improvements making recommendations to the COO.
- Accommodate and adapt to the needs of staff and guests in the office as needed.
- 5+ years of professional experience supporting operations for an organization Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- This position is required to be onsite in our D.C. office 5 days a week, with some nontraditional hours required in order to fulfill the duties of the job.
- Exceptional project management, organizational, interpersonal communication skills with the flexibility to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment and the ability to actively participate
- Strong technology skills and experience learning new software and systems quickly. Proficient with Google workspace tools and ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to handle confidential/ sensitive information and use appropriate discretion
- Process Management – take a systematic approach in contributing to making the company’s workflow more effective, efficient, and capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment.
- Quality Focus – ensure that all work in one’s own area of the business, throughout the organization, by vendors, suppliers, etc. is performed with excellence and to high standards for quality and integrity.
- Information Seeking – driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues.
- Planning and Priority Setting – identify the priorities, processes, and practical actions that are necessary to achieve an objective or an idea.
- Communicating – provide the information required by others in a concise, direct, and unambiguous way.
- Negotiating – identify key bargaining points for all parties and work effectively toward win-win solutions.
- Organizational Savvy – gather and accurately assess information related to the organization’s formal and informal communication channels and power relationships.
- Teamwork: We empower each other to accomplish our shared mission.
- Purpose: We believe the principles of limited government, free markets, and fiscal responsibility are essential to achieving our mission.
- Ownership: We empower teammates to visibly own and achieve goals.
- Adaptability: We are open to new, complex ideas and test our assumptions to lead change and advance our mission.
- Curiosity: We have a proactive desire to learn, grow and improve ourselves, our ideas, and our mission in a thoughtful and focused way.
- Credibility: We agree that being trustworthy and believable is everything for building and maintaining influence.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience Annual bonus, historically awarded
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Retirement Benefit offering an employer matching contribution of employee contributions $1 for $1 on the first 5% of pay contributed
- No set vacation policy – take what you need whenever workflow allows
- Fully stocked office kitchen in a newly renovated building on Capitol Hill
Please send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
At ClearPath, we value a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe our team is the key to making an impact and fulfilling our mission. ClearPath is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. ClearPath participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.