Position Title: Office Manager
Location: Washington, DC
An entrepreneurial, young, strategic nonprofit, ClearPath (501(c)(3)) was established by Jay Faison in 2014. ClearPath develops and advances conservative policies that accelerate clean energy innovation. ClearPath supports flexible low-carbon power sector energy technologies, including next-generation nuclear, hydropower, carbon capture, advanced renewables, and grid-scale energy storage. To advance that mission, we develop cutting-edge policy proposals and analysis, provide policy maker education, provided mission-aligned philanthropy, and collaborate with academics and private sector partners. ClearPath team members believe in small government, free markets, and American entrepreneurship and those principles form the basis for their advocacy.
ClearPath’s sister organization, ClearPath Action, is a C4 non-profit organization that advocates for legislation and policy change in line with our principles.
- Complete general administrative tasks as needed for various members of the team, including scheduling meetings, making reservations, preparing meeting materials, welcoming guests, taking meeting minutes, arranging travel, arranging transportation, etc.
- Assist with the submission of expense reports, lobbying disclosures and other compliance reporting as needed.
- Contribute to SalesForce CRM system: maintain existing records and add new audience members, etc.
- Manage and organize all incoming and outgoing correspondence, mail and packages
- Manage the food and beverage program for the office including managing inventory and stocking the kitchen.
- Maintain running list of internal and guest dietary needs and dining preferences.
- Ensure that all office equipment is working and properly maintained.
- Maintain office supply inventory and order all office supplies.
- Manage equipment and vendor relationships that support office operation, technology and communications services.
- Ensure travel arrangements for members of the office are complete, accurate and logistically sound
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors for new and for on-going maintenance.
- Quality control vendors – routinely evaluate their performance and cost structure, explore regular re-bids to “keep them on their toes”, etc.
- Be point-of-contact for vendors related to office and manage maintenance including: high priority fixes, known ongoing needed fixes, improvement needs, one-time purchases needed and space redesigns.
- Proactively execute general light cleaning tasks including; taking out the garbage, emptying dishwashers, wiping down counters, and the like.
- Serve as point-of-contact on-call for all support needs within the office.
- Support team in planning and execution for upcoming events, including minor and major events throughout the year (advisory board meetings, board meetings, holiday party, baseball game, etc).
- Support ClearPath staff in coordinating breakfast, lunch and dinner gatherings at the house including set up and break down following the event.
- Coordinate food and catering for internal and external meetings, maintain working relationships with catering vendors.
- Plan and coordinate upcoming events, including: scoping the event, maintaining guests lists, managing check-in, catering, deliveries, internal hosting duties, external staffing.
- Accommodation: Desire to help others
- Flexibility: Willingness to modify an approach and to adapt to changing circumstances
- Openness: Receptiveness to new or alternative ideas
- Self- structure: Preference for independently determining work methods
- Thoroughness: Pay keen attention to detail and control quality
- Curiosity: Voracious learner eager to engage with the substantive details of our work
- Teamwork: Be fun, fast, collaborative, and supportive- play to win.
- Dedication: Be here because you want to change the world.
- Ownership: Think and act like owner.
- Adaptability: Be humble and agile.
- Integrity: Believe individual and organizational credibility is everything.
- 3-5 years experience
- Administrative, project management, event management, scheduling, or operational experience a plus
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient with quickly learning / managing new systems
- Ability and willingness to work nontraditional hours in order to support events and office management.
- Local travel expected
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary and bonus commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, disability insurance and 401(k)
To apply forward resume and letter of intent to email@example.com