Position Title: Communications Associate
Location: Washington, DC
An entrepreneurial strategic nonprofit, ClearPath (501(c)(3)) was established by entrepreneur Jay Faison in 2014. ClearPath develops and advances conservative policies that accelerate clean energy innovation to address climate change. ClearPath supports flexible low-carbon power sector energy technologies – next-generation nuclear, hydropower, carbon capture, advanced renewables and grid-scale energy storage. To advance that mission, we develop cutting-edge policy, provide policy maker education, grant mission-aligned philanthropy, and collaborate with academics and industry partners. ClearPath team members believe in small government, free markets, and American innovation and their principles form the basis for how they analyze proposed reforms.
ClearPath’s sister organization, ClearPath Action, is a C4 non-profit organization that advocates for legislation and policy change in line with our principles.
This position works directly with the Managing Director of External Affairs and will require frequent interaction with the entire team. This role will have visibility of media, Capitol Hill, Administration, industry and trade relationships.
The position will require an entrepreneurial mindset to support the ClearPath communications and marketing objectives to achieve policy outcomes, and continuously improve brand perception. Additionally, the position will work closely with the ClearPath team to build a plan and set ambitious goals, execute, and track the strategy, to communicate regularly with corporate stakeholders that will allow for broader legislative efforts. This includes frequently interacting with stakeholders as well as coordinating and attending events, hearings and briefings where we can drive message, coordinate, and educate target audience and key stakeholders on ClearPath priorities.
- Coordinate digital marketing programs and campaigns across different online platforms.
- Execute social media strategy with platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Develop relationships with target audience and deep understanding of their energy information and media consumption habits.
- Use email marketing systems to implement weekly newsletter and other digital collateral.
- Create media relations strategies to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the national news media and key influencers and target audience.
- Oversee communications related events for target audience: for example briefings.
- Assist in media relations activities fielding incoming press calls, providing media with requested information, scheduling interviews, prepping spokespeople for interviews, proactively developing relationships with media and pitching story ideas.
- Support the team in the execution of press materials, including media kits, op-eds, statements, talking points, executive media interview briefs, news releases, website content and fact sheets, initiatives and key messages.
- Manage influencer strategy to amplify brand and voice, engage key stakeholder groups, and advance mission.
- Assist Managing Director in annual planning, strategy, tactics, messages, channels, outcomes and measurements.
- Derive insights from digital data sources such as Google Analytics, Search Console, AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Interpret analytics to recommendations, dive deep into the data to find trends, enhance user experience, support business decisions, and drive better business decisions.
- Monitor campaign and website performance via analytic tools and provide feedback and actionable insights to stakeholders.
- Manage and strategically improve CRM database target audience.
- Accommodation: desire to help others
- Abstract Reasoning Ability: potential to solve problems and understand the logical relationships among concepts
- Flexibility: willingness to modify an approach and to adapt to changing circumstances
- Idea Orientation: preference for thinking creatively and generating new ways to solve problems
- Openness: receptiveness to new or alternative ideas
- Self-structure: preference for independently determining work methods
- Thoroughness: The tendency to pay attention to detail
- Teamwork: Be fun, fast, collaborative, and supportive- play to win
- Dedication: Be here because you want to change the world
- Ownership: Think and act like an owner
- Adaptability: Be humble and agile
- Integrity: Believe individual and organizational credibility is everything
- Curiosity: Voracious learner eager to engage with the substantive details of our work
- 3-5 years experience in communications, public relations, marketing or the like
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Comfort with technology and ability to quickly learn new systems
- A professional and personal commitment to ClearPath’s mission and values
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively execute communication skills
- Outstanding written communication skills including experience preparing press releases, news articles, presentations, video scripts, reports, and social content
- Outstanding verbal communication skills including experience giving presentations and working with the media at events
- Demonstrated success pitching and working with members of the media
- Capitol Hill or political experience a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary and bonus commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, life, disability insurance and 401(k)
Please send resume and technical writing sample to Andrea Steiner at email@example.com